Ceviche is a typical Peruvian dish where fish, usually white meat and low in fat, are marinated in lemon. This is one of my favorite dishes in the world and I have eaten with various spices and side dishes. But today Chef Michele Glaberte, from Cannelle Gastrobar in Ubatuba, teaches me how to make this dish so wonderful the way she does it in the restaurant and with an unusual accompaniment: fried pastry dough.
- 200 grams of white meat fish | we use Red
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tomato
- juice of 2 lemons
- olive oil | double the amount of lemon
- 5 sprigs of chopped chives
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- pastry dough
WAY OF DOING
- Cut the fish into cubes of approximately 2x2x2cm.
- Slice the onion into a half-slice.
- Cut the tomato into cubes.
- Mix the fish with the onion, tomato, lemon juice and chives. Marinate for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile make strips of the pastry dough and fry.
- Add the fish, salt, pepper and olive oil. Mix everything and serve with the pastry dough.
PERFORMANCE: 2 servings.
PHOTOS: Paulo Cuenca | @paulocuenca