Photo and Food Styling: Franciele C. Oliveira (post)
The correct storage of jams and preserves not only allows the food to last for much longer, but it can also be an indispensable step to make a sweeter dessert.
One of the simplest and most practical tips for sealing and filling glasses at home is to sterilize them and keep the food still warm, you know? If you have questions about this process, this post will help ?
Sterilize glass jars
- Before anything, make sure the glass jars and lids are in good condition (without cracks or rust).
- Wash them well with soap and hot water.
- Let them drain upside down on a clean dish towel.
- In a large pot, place a dish towel on the bottom and fill with water.
- Boil water and place the glass jars and their respective metal lids (submerged).
- Still with the fire on, let the pieces boil for 7 minutes.
- With the help of kitchen tongs, remove the pots and lids and let them drain over a clean cloth (upside down).
Preserve jams and jams
- Place the hot food in the newly styled jars that are also still warm.
- TIP: If you are storing jellies or syrups, it is worth having the help of a ladle and funnel.
- Fill the glass completely and do not leave any air bubbles in the jar.
- Clean the mouth of the pot with a damp cloth and close it with the metal lid.
- Tighten the cap tightly to maintain the vacuum.
- Leave the pot upside down until it cools and put it away.
Photo: Paulo Cuenca and Food Styling: Danielle Noce (post)
Now, you can reproduce the recipe for the delicious pumpkin jam in syrup or some incredible jelly that we have already taught here at ICKFD and store it correctly and safely ?