For lazy days with a calm rain like today, the good thing is to wrap yourself between the sheets and not get out of bed. When these days happen here, what I do most is this super simple and very quick pasta. That way I can enjoy my day much more, but still eating well.
- 400 grams of cherry tomatoes
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 20 basil leaves
- 1 red onion sliced in half-moon
- 2 zucchinis cut in half-moon
- 10 small balls of buffalo mozzarella
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon powdered yellow mustard
- olive oil
- 300 grams of whole fettuccine
WAY OF DOING
- In a bowl, add the tomatoes, 10 basil leaves, salt, black pepper, garlic and 5 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix everything and bake in a preheated oven at 180oC for 25 minutes.
- Put the water in the pasta to heat up and in the meantime slice the onion.
- Brown the onion with 4 tablespoons of oil in a very hot skillet. Add the zucchinis in sequence and season with salt, pepper and mustard. Mix well and cover with the lid.
- Let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Put the pasta to cook for approximately 4 minutes. PS: I recommend that you follow the instructions on the package, as each one has their ideal cooking time. I left mine to the tooth.
- Add the cooked tomatoes to the vegetables. Then the pasta and mix everything.
- See if you need more salt, adjust the seasoning and add the chopped buffalo mozzarella in 4 equal parts.
- Serve warm with the rest of the basil leaves on top. Huuuummmm !!! Perfect with today’s rain.