When planning a food photo shoot, we often start by thinking about production first. Which dish will we use? What color will the background be? Will I put a silverware? Which and which side? Will I add any other production elements to this photo? A colorful fabric? Smooth? Stamped? Light or dark?
Phew, there is so much to think about that we often end up forgetting the main star, the food. Here, with two examples of very simple desserts, I show that it is possible, yes, to make a beautiful photo of food where the star shines alone! Of course, a photo on the kitchen table, with a cold light will not look so beautiful, but thinking only from a good angle, a beautiful background and a beautiful light, we can obtain beautiful results.
And the recipe for tapioca couscous with burnt coconut and condensed milk couldn’t be simpler, even in the oven! The other recipe ?! It is a typical Croatian cake, made with pecan nuts. When it’s getting close to Brazil’s first game at the World Cup, I’ll tell you!
Tapioca Cuscus Ingredients:
- 1 cup of grated burned coconut
- 1 coffee spoon of SALT
- 2 cups of warm water
- 5 tablespoons of SUGAR
- ½ cup of CONDENSED MILK
- 500 gr of granulated tapioca flour
- Beat the grated coconut with the water in a blender
- In a bowl, add sugar, salt and granulated tapioca.
- Mix well.
- Lightly soak a hole in the middle or an English cake.
- Pour the dough and cover with a cloth.
- Wait for about 30 minutes until firm.
- Serve with consensed milk and garnish with freshly grated coconut.